Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Present Sneek Peek

I just couldn't wait until after Christmas to post this project. I think it'll be ok since the kids that are getting them don't read yet. At least I don't think so. I am soooo pleased with how they are coming together! I worked on these yesterday in between working on my "real" painting and being mom. I have been really busy! I will be happy when this weekend is over. I still have to figure out what I'm doing for Singing Time this Sunday. But first things first. And what better thing to be first than what I love most? Crafts! Who says you can't eat dessert first right?

These are for my two kids and my niece and nephew,  They are gonna love them! They are made out of oak and maple wood scraps that we laminated together, cut out with a friend's band saw, sanded with our belt sander, and routered the edges.  They are covered in a couple coats of polyurethane and plain old craft paint for the details. (We didn't want to cover up those beautiful wood grains with paint.) They all need wheels, and the semi will eventually have a trailer. Aren't they cute!

Can't you just hear those happy little voices? "zoom zoom!"

No comments: