Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Will Make Up For it. They Deserve it!

This week has been a slow one here at the Glenn's. With mom sick and kids out of school it has made for one of testing this momma's patience. I have had to cope and get used to the idea that the mess in the house will just have to be ignored. I know I have not given the children the attention they have been craving and my energy has been sub zero. But today is the one week mark since I have come down with this bug and today I am feeling much better. The meds are doing their job and today I felt my energy coming back. I was even able to do a couple loads of laundry and clean the kitchen today! That is huge for me.
Tomorrow we head off to Portland to visit grandma and grandpa Glenn and this mama gets a break for the weekend! I am sooo looking forward to spending some alone time with my husband. We are going to see 'Wicked', and maybe even relive our honeymoon hike near Multnomah Falls. I'm not in the shape I used to be so we'll see how it goes. I can't wait! Better get packing. Happy Birthday to me!

Here are a couple random photos I took of the kids today while trying to be a happier more involved mama.



 I love my babies! I am afraid that this week my words and actions have not showed that to the best of my abilities. Being sick while carrying on as happy and energetic is NOT my strong suit. I will try to make up for it now that I am feeling much better. My family deserves it! Just look at those precious faces.

1 comment:

Tina Crowther said...

I like to tell myself that they won't remember one bad week, as long as most of the time, I'm not a horrible, wicked witch. Oh, and By the way, Enjoy Wicked! Happy Birthday!