Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chevron Quilt Top Progress

Today I had a chance to escape to my craft room and work on the quilt I am making for my little sister's baby girl who's due in August. I was able to finish the quilt top and now need to decide what to do for the quilt back. I have a couple ideas brewing.

I love how the top turned out! It is not perfect, since I had a hard time getting some corners to meet up just right, but it's a pretty good job considering it's my first quilt done on a diagonal. But every project has a learning curve and I now know how to remedy the problem.

I have a whole other set of quilt blocks all made and ready to make a second quilt identical to this one. I am thinking if anyone is interested in it I'd be willing to make it and sell it. I'm trying to come up with ways to raise money for our Disney trip we plan on taking in October. The border color could be anything. I was thinking maybe bright orange or something.

Anyway it was fun to make and I can't wait to see it wrapped around that little niece of mine. She's going to be one spoiled little girl.

No comments: