Thursday, May 9, 2013

Diorama Fun

So we have been busy busy busy and amongst all the to's and fro's I have taken a photo or two and just thought I'd share what the kids and I did the other day.

Ethan had a dinosaur habitat homework assignment for preschool so while Emma was napping the other day he and I worked on his project. He had so much fun doing and was one proud little boy when it was all done. And I'll have to admit I was pretty proud myself. It turned out pretty cool. But when it came time to finding some toy dinosaurs to go in his habitat I learned a disturbing thing. What boy at the age of 5 only has two lousy dinosaur toys? Something is wrong with this picture. We'll have to work on that one. But here's my proud little man and his first ever diorama.
 

And of course when Kiera got home from school she was jealous and so she decided she had to make a diorama of her own. And what's better than a "My Little Pony" habitat? Love it! And since then She has added some more grassy meadows and fluffy white clouds that hang in the background. Don't know how long but I imagine these two masterpieces will be gracing my kitchen table for awhile. And I am ok with that.
 

No comments: