Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching up with what happened over the 4th of July

I know I know I am sooo behind! I still haven't posted about our trip to Boise over the 4th! What a slacker! What is wrong with me? (Please don't answer that). Usually I post things right away so as not to forget the fun little details. Well I am attempting to catch up now.

The Fourth of July is my mother's birthday and this year we decided to go down and celebrate with her. We drove the 10+ hours with two toddlers in the car! Whew! Tough tough but they actually did pretty good considering how long they sat. We just made stops along the way and let them run around at all the rest stops and stretch their legs and then we'd stop to eat at a sit down restaurant or two instead of opting for the drive-thru every time.

When we arrived we surprised my mom. She didn't think we'd be there for another 3 hours. Hehe. I love it! I took of her reaction when we got there but can't figure out how to upload it. I keep getting a message that there was an error while loading. Grrr.

The kids love their "grandma tutu" and all the fun treasures she has and as soon as we got to her house the kids went strait for the toys. They knew exactly where to look. We spent about a half hour outside playing with the basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs, and bats before we even set foot in the house! You could tell it was a long day in the car. But boy oh boy was I ready for bed!

The next day the fun began...
The kids spent the morning in their PJ's. There just wasn't time to be wasted getting dressed! Grandma took them both for a ride on the riding lawn mower...

The toddler toys and tricycles were brought out...

And who can wait for the sun to warm up a freshly filled kiddie pool?! Not these two! Kiera at least got changed into her swimsuit but Ethan was just as happy getting wet in his PJ's...BRRR.

Later in the day I was able to go and visit my Grandma! It was so good to see her! She had just been through two hip surgeries (the second one was due to the first one going bad) and a shoulder surgery! And all within 2 months time! I was happy to see her in good spirits and she even showed off for us and walked around the room with her walker. I love my grandma! And I think she is one of the strongest most beautiful women I know!

After visiting my grandma we all went swimming but this time at the pool in my cousin's subdivision. It was so nice to soak up the sunshine for a change! And to have some real summer heat to go with it! I do have to admit it has been pretty nice back here since we got home though. So no complaining now.
I'll post about the rest of the trip SOON! I promise. The hubby is away at scout camp this week so I've got plenty of down time in the evenings. I have a hard time sleeping when he's away. Anyone else have that problem?

3 comments:

Mom said...

It was awesome! I'm ready to have you back and start round two. I tagged some mud volleyball photos on FB too--check them out as well.

Glenn Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I liked watching the video of when you arrived in Middleton on FB. Too cute to see your mom so excited!

Melissa said...

Pool pictures are always the most fun!!