Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bringing Pride To a Little Boys Face

The other day while Kiera was at school Ethan and I did a little spring planting. The weather is still chilly but the sun keeps showing up in between snow and rain and it warms things back up making me antsy for springtime. So to hurry Spring along we did a mini indoor starter garden.

I got 6 paper cups, some potting soil I had on hand, and some garden seeds I held onto from last year. We labeled each cup with what we planted and how many seeds we put in. Now we just have to wait and see. I always love the look on the kid's faces when they discover the tiny green leaves peeking up through the dirt. I think it gives them a sense of accomplishment and pride that they did something special.
 What have you been doing lately to bring springtime inside?

No comments: