Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Kiera's Baptism and Ellie's Blessing Day

We waited til September 6th and 7th to have Kiera's baptism and Ellie's Baby blessing so we could do both on one weekend rather than having our company have to travel twice. It also gave this momma a little time to heal before getting out and about again. It was a very special weekend. I am so proud of my little girl and her decision to be baptized. And I am so grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood to perform these ordinances for our children.

Kiera looked gorgeous in her white dress and so very excited. For her big day Kiera got her very own set of scriptures with a case in her two favorite colors, "blue and white." She also got a CTR ring. Grandma Tutu also gave her a special embroidered baptism towel with her name and baptism date on it.
We did a little photo shoot for her before her big day so that I could have a picture for her announcements and the baptism program. Here are some of our favorites:

  
This is the card that we sent out to announce her special day.


And this was the program:






We also took some pictures the day of. I wanted to capture as much of this day as possible. This was one proud momma!









Kiera with Bishop Fortin
Kiera I know Heavenly Father is so proud of you and your decision to follow the Savior and be baptized. I too am so proud of you. I hope that you cherish your companionship with the Holy Ghost that you received at you confirmation. He can never steer you wrong. I love you sweetheart.

The next day was Ellie's blessing day. The same family and friends who came to Kiera's baptism were there for Ellie's big day too. We had Ben and Kara May, My mom (Grandma Tutu), My brother Nathan, Dan's brother Steve and his family, and Grandma and Grandpa Glenn. After the blessing we all gathered at the house for a luncheon with a nice roast and scalloped potatoes. It was nice to be able to share and spend the day with them.
Ellie's dress was also made from Shellie's wedding dress. The fabric and lace trimmings that weren't used on Kiera's dress were now used on Ellie's. It turned out just gorgeous and I am so happy I got to use Shellie's special dress to make these treasures for my girls.

Here are some photos from Ellie's special day:







I am truly blessed!

No comments: