Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Back to School!

On Sept 3rd Ethan and Kiera went back to school! It is crazy to think I have a 3rd grader and 1st grader now! They are growing up so fast! Emma even started preschool! They make me feel old.

Actually to be honest...I don't feel old as I am sure many of my friends can attest too, I go go go. But I guess the kids are a good reminder not to take the days we've been given for granted; because one minute you are holding them in your arms at the hospital and the next they are reciting their ABC's, reading, writing, and playing the piano!

The kids were so excited to go back to school this year and I dare say I was even more so for them to return! August was sooo busy with our family reunion at the beach, baby Ellie's arrival, Kiera's birthday, Kiera's baptism, and our wedding anniversary. Top all that with getting the school supplies, clothes and other stuff ready for back-to-school and I was done! It was time.

My mom came to town to help out with the baby and had done a huge favor for me. She had gone clothes shopping for the kids back home and brought her loot when she came to visit. She came the day before school started so it was perfect! She helped get the kids up, dressed, and fed in the morning while I slept in and all I had to do was take some pictures and send them off at the bus stop. It was great! Thanks mom!

These are the pictures I took of Kiera and Ethan that morning. (I waited to take pictures of Emma til her actual day of preschool).










Here are pictures of Emma on her first day of preschool. She was so excited! Grandma Tutu was in town to help out with baby Ellie so she got to go with us. We went to her open house and she got acquainted with the classroom and playground. Her favorite thing was the airplane teeter totter.







It's going to be a great school year!

No comments: