Friday, May 22, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend trip to Seaside, OR

For Memorial Day weekend my mom rented out a beach house in Seaside and we had a mini family reunion. However we were missing a few members of the family. My sister's husband Benji couldn't make it due to some tests for medical school he had to take and my brother Tyler and his family weren't able to come either. We had a good time though.  It was a nice little retreat. You can never go wrong with a trip to the beach!


Ethan and Nathan spent a long time building a long tunnel in the sand. I think Ethan just enjoyed having someone other than his sisters to play with.

Dan holding Ethan upside down in the tunnel

Alexis playing in the sand with Grandma "Tutu"

Left to Right: Nathan, Ethan, Kiera, Emma, Kayla, Alexis, Brittany and Ellie.


I Love any time I get to see my sister!

Ellie's first time at the beach. She did really well and did what most babies do and tried to eat the sand. We're just gearing up for our trip to Fort Steven's in July. Hopefully by then she won't try to put it in her mouth as much.  I was very thankful however that the weather was wonderful for us! The beach wasn't too windy or cold either. We enjoyed sunshine and even had to apply sunscreen this trip.

Was also good to see my brother Nathan and for this trip he brought a "special someone" along with him. Only time will tell if their relationship will turn into something more.

It was fun to go and visit my Aunt Judi and uncle Les and it was their first time meeting Ellie. This is a picture of Les holding Ellie. I don't think Ellie was quite sure of that man in the white beard.

Kayla and Emma hanging around the fire pit and Judi and Les's before we ate dinner there

Ethan found a mini tide pool and thought it was the perfect place to cool off.


Ellie hanging out at the beach house

and no trip to Seaside is complete without bumper cars the carousel and a trip to the candy man for salt water taffy



So fun seeing these two together. So wish we were closer!

Kiera and Ethan playing with their cousin Alexis


I hope that as my side of the family grows we can make getting together for these kinds of  reunions more of a tradition.

No comments: