Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall is definently here!

Goodbye summer! It seems as though your stay was cut short. We will miss you dearly! We now say hello to gray skies and rain. We'll probably be together for the next 9 months or so. So lets make the best of it shall we?

So far so good. I have kept busy with harvest time preparations. I have canned 21 quarts of peaches, 14 quarts of pears, and am currently waiting on the food dehydrator to finish the last of the leftover pears. Soon we'll have apples to puree into sauce, and then the holidays will be here!

Kiera starts preschool this Tuesday! It's just about here and she is soo so excited. She just can't wait!

Our picnic tables are just about done. One set is ready to deliver and the other is waiting on a few more coats of poly. I am in love with ours! We decided to can the staining part and just go with the natural wood and just do polyurethane. It look fabulous so far! Even after just one coat. Pictures to come soon.

I really need to get going on Halloween costumes. I've had the stuff to make Dan's since last year and never got to it. It'd be nice for him to have a real costume this year. Kiera has decided she wants to be a princess, and Ethan says he's going to be a pumpkin! SCORE! I made that costume last year, so that's one less thing to worry about.

I also went to JoAnnes the other day. !Our store is closing (so sad, so sad) and moving to a bigger store. At least it won't be too far.) I bought some fabric pretty white floral fabric on clearance that I plan on making more baby blessing gowns to put up in my Etsy shop. Who knows, I may end up using one for this baby. Won't know until he or she comes though. We're keeping it a surprise.

I do so miss summer but I will definitely try hard to make the best of the rain and not get too tired of it, at least not until after Thanksgiving. Then I think I will just miss the Idaho snow. I know, I know never satisfied right?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Come play in the Idaho snow when it gets here. I've got lots of room-and even more "desire" to have you here!