Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Day Photo Shoot

Yesterday was Kiera's birthday! My baby is officially 5! We are planning on celebrating her birthday at the beach this coming week. I can't believe it has already been 5 yrs.

Anyway, we may not be celebrating her birthday til later but Kiera still got a fun birthday surprise yesterday. Grandma Tutu showed up spur of the moment. She drove up while the kids were out front riding on their bikes. She was so excited! Ethan was so cute as well. He was sitting on the sidewalk when the unfamiliar car drove down the cul-de-sac. He asks me, "who's that?" "Its...its...GASP!...Its Grandma TUTU!" It was adorable!

We're so happy to have grandma here, even if it is for just a short visit before we head off to the beach in a couple days. And maybe, just maybe it'll make the chore of packing and preparing for the trip less of a chore.

Today the kids got to play out front with the new sprinkler ring that Grandma Tutu surprised them with. 'Cause you know Grandma can't come without a surprise right?  While they played I got in some play of my own and had a photo shoot. Here are some of my favorite shots:





I love slow summer days like this! 
Especially when my mom is here to share them with me!

1 comment:

Mom said...

So much fun! Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I've done in a long time.