Monday, July 22, 2013

Glenn Family Reunion at Fort Steven's

This year at the beach was a little different in that it was Dan's family reunion but Dan didn't come til the end of the week. So the kids and I camped on our own for the first 3 nights. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be since Grandpa and Grandma and the other Aunts and Uncles helped out a lot. But it sure wasn't the same without daddy there.

I didn't take as many pictures as previous years due to the fact I had to be more hands on without Dan around. But I did get some cute ones for this years Christmas calendar that I do every year. Here they are:
Grandma Shellie running from Luke and Emma who kept trying to get her pants wet.

Adelle

Arya all bundled up. It was COLD at the beach!

Me trying on hats at the hat shop in Sea Side. I liked the moose one.

Emma having fun with the sand toys

Look mom! I got my hands all clean again!

Mmmm nothing like smore's after riding your bike around camp

Florence

Ryan rented a 6 person bike trolly for an hour while we were in Sea Side. Those things are hard work!

Grandma and Grandpa at the beach. Thanks for putting this all together!

Grandpa and Emma watching everyone while we rode the bumper cars in Sea Side

Kaleb (Do you know how hard it is to get this kid to smile normal for a picture?) I got one!

Kiera trying on a silly hat at the hat shop

Mary and Kiera riding the carousel

Mary at the hat shop. I thought this hat was very fitting for her since we celebrated her birthday while we were at the beach this year. She's turning 6!

Ryan and Michelle

Steven and his baby girl Arya

Steven and LaDean with Arya

Each night Grandpa reads a story to all the grandkids and at the end of the trip each family get to take one of the books home. I love this tradition!

Timmy, Kiera, and Ethan decided to be brave and ride the tilt-a-whirl in Sea Side. It was hilarious to watch their faces! But they must have liked it because Kiera and Ethan rode it again with Dan when we went back on Friday before heading home.

Timmy playin' in the sand
Michelle with Luke

We had a lot of fun and look forward to this trip every year. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for putting it all together for us! And thank you to Steve and LaDean for caravanning down there with me and for everyone that helped me with the kids while Dan was gone. You made the trip much easier for me. Now to get the Calendars put together...

No comments: