Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Testimony

Today is Sunday and I am taking a moment to meditate and think. I stayed home from church today with sick kids and so I am feeling a little spiritually deprived. However, I am trying my best to remember why we have this day set apart from the rest of the week. I am so grateful for a day to focus my attention back on my Savior Jesus Christ. Life would be so pointless if I didn't take notice, and acknowledge that everything around me is because of Him.
I know that my Savior lives and that he died for me. I know that he loves me enough that he would give his life to save me, (just plain old me). I try to share that knowledge that I have with others around me because I know that he loves each of us.
It doesn't matter where we are in life, and it doesn't matter if we believe in Him. He still loves us and he DOES believe in US. He wants us to be happy. We just have to let him in our lives.
I know that families can be forever and that the relationships we make with our family members are the most important, because they are the ones who we will be with after this life. I am so grateful for my family and for a loving husband who supports me and shows his love to me and our children. I am so lucky to have found him, and look forward to the rest of eternity that I have to spend with him.
I am so grateful for my calling of being a mother. I am humbled that Heavenly Father would trust me with such precious spirits to look after and teach. I am trying my best to be a good mother to them and know that my responsibilities are great. I look forward to the challenge and know that we aren't given anything in this life that we can't handle. With that, I am thankful for the knowledge that my Savior is with me and is there to help me.
I am grateful for a prophet who guides us and teaches us, and am grateful for the scriptures. I know the Book of Mormon to be true. I have read it, and have prayed about it. I have felt the Spirit testify to be that it is true. I know that if you do the same you can also receive that witness. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: