Monday, January 11, 2010

Our New Wood Storage Rack


The other night after the kids were in bed Dan and I had what we call a "garage date." It may not sound very fun to you but Dan and I enjoy working on projects together in the garage. We were originally planning on building some shelving for my craft room (which is going to be saaawwweeet by the way!). But instead, decided to get better organized first.

Our garage has been looking a little crowded lately with this...

There was wood everywhere! Stacked on tables, leaning against walls, and propped up against cabinets.  It was getting annoying and it was time to do something about it. So, Dan drew up a tiny sketch on some notebook paper and away we went. It took us about two hours to build. Not bad, considering we were just winging it. It turned out really good too.


It fits perfectly between another one of our cabinets and the door to the laundry room. It has a divider in the middle so we can separate the long pieces from the short ones and there is a bar to prevent things from falling over onto our cars. And for my little distribution I came up with the solution to the sharp edges.

 
All it is, is some stick on foam strip. Dan brought some home from work the other day that they were throwing out. It worked perfectly. All I had to do was cut it, peel off the back and stick it on. Now I don't have to worry about the kids running into it as they race to the door when we get home from running errands.
And here's a look at the space we cleared up...


Much better!

Now on to my craft room shelves!!!! I can't wait!
Or maybe some bunkbeds for the kids. Ethan climbed out of the crib this morning and was there to greet me when I opened their bedroom door. That could be a problem. 

Here's one more look at the Wood Storage Rack...

1 comment:

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I really like your site. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.