Monday, October 11, 2010

The joys a simple box can bring

The other day when Dan got home from work he said, " I need  your help getting something out of the back of the truck." I thought to myself, oh no what did he bring home today?

Well, to my surprise it was just a plain old cardboard box. Except it was the size of a two dishwashers! Ok....is it for a booth for the Halloween trunk-or-treat at the church? Nope.

Dan said they were just going to throw it out and when he saw it, his first thought was, "The kids would love that." I love my husband! He is always thinking of us no matter where he is, no matter what he's doing. He set it up in the front room and cut out a couple windows and a door with a box knife. Simple but oh what fun! I wish I could have gotten a picture of him when he stuck he head in there with the kids and all you could see were his legs and feet sticking out the front door.

And lets just say the kids weren't disappointed either.


The box has since been decorated inside and out with crayons and has been loaded up with all the kids stuffed animals, blankets, pillows and play dishes. We also gave them a LED lantern for some fun lighting. They absolutely love it! For now I really don't mind not being able to walk around my front room.


No comments: