Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It seems like yesterday...

Time flies so quickly. You hear it all the time from your own mother that "it seems like yesterday..." You never really grasp that until you have it happen to you. It has been a little over 3 years since I married my husband Dan and in that amount of time we have had two beautiful children and those children seem to be growing up faster and faster with each day that goes by.
Today Ethan decided to take a huge step in life and when I say "huge step" I actually mean a bunch of little, teeny steps. But he did it all on his own. I was sitting on the couch this evening waiting for Dan to come home from work. I was just enjoying some quiet time and was watching the kids play on the floor when it happened. Ethan all of a sudden decided to take off! He got up and walked several feet, stopped, bent down, picked up another toy, stood back up, and kept walking. Up until now he would only walk next to the furniture or with the help of a push toy or hand from us. I can't believe my baby boy is growing up so fast. This past year has been on of the quickest I have had. Wasn't I pregnant a week ago?
It does seems like only yesterday.

CLICK HERE TO SEE ETHAN IN ACTION Kiera still insists on lending her little brother a hand. Way to be a helper Kiera! However you can see at the beginning of the video that he can do it on his own.

2 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Wow! Way to go Ethan!

Mom said...

Thanks for letting us watch with you. I love sharing in these special moments with you. Je t'aime beaucoup!

Mom