Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another project to check off my list

Today I was able to check something off my to do list. I have been dreading it for awhile and am sooo glad I am done. Making it wasn't what I dreaded, but the time I had to do it was getting less and less. I hate being rushed so I finally got my act together and did it. My daughter set her heart upon being a pumpkin for Halloween ever since she found out it was coming up. All I had to do was put it together.

At the beginning of this week I was doing my usual errands and happened to be at Wal-Mart when I remembered the task at hand. I stopped by their fabric department to see what they had and got lucky. I got the pattern (for WAY more than I would have liked to have spent on it. I am a fan of JoAnne's .99 cent sales), and some "construction flagger orange" fleece. I am not worried about loosing this child in the dark. BELIEVE ME. 

I spent an afternoon cutting pattern pieces til my back ached, and then sewed the pumpkin body together. The next morning was spent putting the hat together. It was probably the quickest outfit sewing job I've done and it turned out great. The best part is that I didn't have to undo a single stitch!!! WOOOHOOO!

Kiera adores it and I am sure she'll be wearing an orange pumpkin costume up until the big night, and maybe even longer. Now it is on to other projects. There is sooo much to be done before the year is over!

Here are a couple pictures of the finished product. I couldn't leave Ethan out, so he is modeling his bumblebee outfit that was too big for him last year but fits great now.