Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baby Shower FUN

Tonight not only am I attending another baby shower for one of my friends, but I get to be a partial host. It isn't at my house but I am in the planning circle. I was put in charge of making the cake and doing a fun activity. I love making cakes. Some of you have probably seen postings of some of the other cakes I've done. Yesterday I finished decorating the cake for baby Mason. I love how it turned out! I chose to match the theme of his room which is orange and white stripes with blue whales, light houses, and sail boats. I made it pretty simple, but I think it turned out pretty cute. What do you think?


I also made mommy a nursing cover in the same color scheme. Can't wait til tonight for her to see it! The picture didn't turn out so well. I had something funky on the lens.



The fun activity I am doing I got from U Create. I love her blog! You should check it out some time. We are making a "Baby's First ABC Book" Each guest will take a paper that has a letter of the alphabet on it and draw something that starts with that letter. They'll sign there name and the mom can have it bound together for baby. It should be pretty fun! I love baby showers!

2 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Cute cake. I wish I could be there to help devour it (and baby Mason too!)

Kim said...

Thank you so much! I am in love with the cake- I only wish I could save it forever. You did a great job!