The first thing I did was go out and buy some inexpensive hats and gloves at Walmart. I think they were about $1.50 a piece. I got enough to make 5 kits but when it came to making the rest of the kit pieces I realized that the white hat I purchased wouldn't really work on a white snowman. There weren't any other color choices to make each one different so I ended up dying the white hat with some turquoise RIT dye. I wouldn't recommend it though. The hat got pretty warped in the process. It will work for a snowman though I think.
These are the gloves I was trying to match with the RIT dye.
They were so much fun to make and I can't wait to see pictures of them on the snowmen. We just need some snow!