Friday, March 9, 2012

A Day in Seattle

Last weekend we decided to get away and take a day trip to Seattle. We had the opportunity to meet up with a long time family friend. Dan and he went to high school together, were college roommates and are still close friends. We went out to lunch at a small little pizza place where we were the only ones there. It was actually quite good and the kids loved having their own personal pizzas. I had an amazing chicken alfredo and a salad, and Dan had a calzone I think.

It was fun to listen to the boys chat and laugh. It was also fun to watch the kids interact with him. I think it is safe to say that we've adopted him and affectionately can call him "Uncle Ben." Here are some shots taken at the restaurant. Oh I just want to point out too that I did not take these shots. I may have taken one or two but mostly just so I could test out Ben's awesome camera. Ben was our personal photographer for the day. It was great! Thanks Ben!




  After the restaurant we decided to take the kids to the Woodland Park Zoo. It was a gorgeous day too so it was perfect! Dan had never been so it was fun to show him what we had been talking about from other trips I had made there with the kids.






 
The day was perfect. It was so nice to spend a day out together and enjoy the company of dear friends. Thanks again Ben for being my photographer. You did an amazing job. It is amazing the details you can miss when you are the one behind the lens. You gave me the chance to take it in while at the same time giving me something to document the memories.


No comments: