Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinewood Derby Trophiies

This week Dan and I made these pinewood derby trophies for our Cub Scouts (Dan is the assistant Cub Scouts leader). We got the idea from my brother-in-law Steven at his pinewood derby last month. They were a lot of fun to make.

The cars are just $1.00 HotWheels (R) cars that we spray painted gold and the stands are out of some 2x2 that Dan spun on the lathe. The base is a 1x4 cut into squares and then routed around the edges. The black and white checkers and 1st 2nd and 3rd place wordings were done with some white vinyl that I cut on my vinyl machine. And the "go", "paw print", and "pinewood derby ribbon" are some scrap booking stickers that I glued on. I think they turned out pretty awesome!

1 comment:

The Waggoners said...

I so wish you would have posted this a couple of weeks ago. Steve is over the wolves in our ward and thier pinewood derby this year just stunk. There was no fun, just racing the cars (steve wasn't in charge), but i think that if he had seen these he totally would have said something and done something to make it FUN!! You and Dan are GENIEUSES!!!!