Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Card and Welcome Home Card

Tonight I had an itch to do something crafty for myself. Don't get me wrong. I love making things for other people but I love to be able to enjoy my creations too. I decided that I wanted to get the paints out and have some fun. Also, Dan was on his way home tonight and I thought it would be fun to make him a "Welcome Home" card. So Kiera worked on that while I made a Thanksgiving card. I really like how it turned out and am thinking I will take it to Staples sometime this week and have more of them printed to send out for the holiday. So I guess I did make it to give away. Oh well.

 

These are the supplies I used:

-1 sheet of white cardstock
-pumpkin orange craft paint
-burgundy craft paint
-dark green craft paint
-paint brush
-ultra fine black felt tip pen

I used my new centerpiece as a guide (which I will have to show and tell about later) and just went for it. I mixed the paint as I went to create the brown tints and then set it aside. After it was dry I took my felt tip pen and outlined and scribbled shadows for a finishing touch. I signed the bottom and ta dah! Fun and easy thanksgiving card.

If you don't want to paint something like I did, another idea that I thought about was to have the kids put their hand prints on the paper and then finish it off to make it look like a turkey. Lots of possibilities. But it was fun, easy, and relaxing.

This is how Kiera's turned out. I added the pink letters after her painting dried. I think Dan will like it don't you?




1 comment:

Mom said...

You have an amazing talent! You could easily produce and sell this card. Maybe you should contact Hallmark. :)