Monday, March 4, 2013

Random Fun

Wow! I can't believe it is already March! So much has happened in the past couple weeks and I haven't had the chance to really sit down and document some of those things til now. So I thought I'd better take this opportunity before we get busy again with Emma's 2nd birthday plans and Easter just around the corner.

In between all our hustle and bustle we really try to make sure we take a time out and spend quality time at least once a week with each of our kids. Recently Dan and Ethan got to build his toy boats that he got for his birthday. Ethan was looking forward to it all day when he was told that was the plan once we got back from church one Sunday. He was so proud and loved every minute of it. I just love this picture I got of my two favorite guys!

Mommy has been working on a couple fun projects of her own too. I can never stop creating something and this particular time I decided that I wanted to make some fun garden markers and paint fun faces on them. I thought it would be fun and would also be something the kids would enjoy seeing in the garden once things get planted. But I had a problem. I didn't have the right tool to complete the project, so after Okaying it with the boss I went down to Home Depot and got a new toy! Emma had just as much fun playing with the box it came in as I did using it.
 

And here's what I made using my new scroll saw...They are now glued onto some wooden craft sticks, and I will be spraying them with some acrylic sealer and varnish to protect them from the weather. Aren't they cute?
 I also have a few other projects I've done but I have a tutorial on one of them I am putting together so I'll post that as soon as I get that all finished.




No comments: