Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Canning Complete!

WHEW!!! I did it! I finished up my canning tonight. I started at 10:00 this morning and finished around midnight tonight! My feet ache, my back hurts, my legs burn and my eyes are struggling to stay open. But I did it!  25+ quarts of pears, 14 quarts of peaches, 3 quarts of salsa, and 6 quarts of applesauce. I ended up only doing two of my three boxes of pears and gave away my third to a friend. I was so tired of pears and there was no way I was going to do any more. Thanks grandma and grandpa for bringing them up for us. We're set for quite awhile now. I will try to post pictures of my feat tommorow but for now nighty night.....zzzzzz.

2 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.