Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Baby is Three? Already?!

This past month my baby girl turned the big 3 YEARS OLD! August 17th. I can't believe it! The past three year sure flew by. I know everyone says that, but until you are there yourself you don't realize how fast it really does go.  For her birthday we first had a mini b-day celebration during our Fort Stevens camping trip and then had one when we got back home.
One of the biggest hits at the mini celebration ended up being the cheapest item. Why is that? The kids had the best time with the blowing noise makers. We even had a hard time convincing Kiera to open her gifts they were having to much fun.



Kiera got a a new pair of church shoes from Grandma Glenn. They came just in time too!  Kiera's feet grow so fast. Thanks Grandma!


One of Kiera's favorites was the cloth Doll from Mexico that she got from Aunt Michelle and Uncle Ryan. Having a new toy made for a pleasant ride home too. Thanks Ryan and Michelle!


Another gift that Kiera received were 6 pairs of play dress up shoes and a "Fancy Nancy" tutu. They were a big hit! When we got home, we broke everything out and Kiera spent hours trying on the different pairs of shoes and even tried them on Ethan. What a good little brother...


Then on Kiera's official birthday we celebrated again.  Kiss the frog was a game fit for a princess, and we continued with the princess theme as you will see with the cake.

Kiera got to wear her birthday crown while opening gifts. Isn't she such a cute little princess?! Thank you to all those who came to celebrate with us.

dun dun dun...Ta dah! Look at that cake! I had a lot of fun making this castle cake. It was my first time using fondant outside of a cake decorating class. I was very pleased at how it turned out. Kiera was very proud of it too. She had to show the cake to everyone who walked in the door.


Happy Birthday Kiera! We love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful cake Brittany! Kiera looked like she had so much fun with all of her new toys/clothes! I can't wait for Clayton to turn 3! Ethan does put up with from her, same with Aubrey and Clayton!

Chris and Laura said...

Too cute! You guys look great! Awesome cakes. I bet they were so fun to create! Great job!!!

Xazmin said...

Ooh, Happy Birthday Kiera! My baby turns 3 next month...I can't stand it!

I'll announce the rules for the giveaway on the 1st, it's easy...just come back and check it out.

I'll be giving reminders throughout the month!

Oh, p.s....love the cake!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Kiera. The cake was so cute and the birthday girl gets sweeter every day. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Jenny-Jenny said...

P.S. I love the family picture!

Glenn Family said...

What a cute cake. I am impressed. Wish we could have been at party #2!