Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Its autumn time, its autumn time, the leaves are falling down...


It is Fall again. The mums are blooming and the trees are changing. I think out of all the seasons Fall is my second favorite. I love the deep colors, the smells, and the excitement that the holidays are just around the corner. One thing about this time of year that is the most fun for me is the decorating.
I love making my house festive and fun. 

Today while the kids were napping I was able to finish two of my projects. Wow! I saw this one on a blog the other day and I just had to do it.
Aren't they darling? Its A Daisy Day has a lot of cute ideas. Check out her blog here.



All they are is a 2X4 cut up into three different pieces. I painted them with some metallic bronze spray paint and then roughed up the edges. The tops are 2" pieces of a tree branch that I was going to prune anyway. The raffia looking stuff is actually unraveled rope left over from when we made the rocking horse last Christmas (See that here). And I curled some black wire (left over from my Christmas Tree Star) around a pencil. I hot glued everything on and there ya go! I am thinking I might paint the letters "B" "O" "O" on them or do some cute jack-o-lantern faces on them. What do you think?

I also stopped by Wal-Mart today and picked up some stuff to make a Fall wreath.
I LOVE how it turned out!



The grapevine wreath was around $3 and I spent $10 on the artificial flowers. I plan on using it every year so I didn't feel bad about spending a little bit.  I also used some other stuff that I had laying around in my craft room.  All I did was cut the flowers off the stems and went crazy with the hot glue gun (gotta love that thing!) The only tough part was finding my wreath door hanger. I looked through all the Christmas decor boxes in the garage and finally found it in the most logical place (my Christmas wreath storage bin)
Who woulda thunk it?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job! I love the wood block pumpkins!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Fun stuff! Way to go. Love the wreath.

Tanielle said...

Love the pumpkins, I think I will have to get some of those made for sure!!! The wreath is GORGEOUS!! You did a fabulous job on it, and wow, what you would have paid for it at a boutique would have been outrageous! Super cute blog, I'm going to go read some more!:-)

Have a wonderful Thursday evening!

Daisy Day said...

Your wood pumpkins are so cute! I love the bronze color! I'm so glad you did these, you completely made my day. Thank you so much for linking. You have darling projects and darling kids. Enjoy your pumpkins!

Erica said...

I love that first picture of the flowers. Good work! And you have really inspired me to pull out my glue gun again and do some crafts. I hope you don't mind but I am totally going to copy your pumpkins and make a wreath too. I love it!

Hillary said...

Love the photo of blooming mums!!! It's almost haunting, in a way. Great job!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for linking up to the photo challenge! That top photo of the mums is stunning. PERFECT for fall.

(cute crafty goodness too!)

Xazmin said...

Love your projects..I love doing fall crafts too! I just posted about a fall wreath the other day too!

Love the pumkin blocks...I'll make Tanielle cut me some wood so I can make some too!

She has the saw...I don't!

Unknown said...

I'm coming over from Tanielle's blog...love your 2x4 idea! I might have to give it a try!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Wow, your wreath is beautiful! I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing it with us!

~Allison @ House of Hepworths