Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! Freezer Paper T's

This Valentine's Day I thought it would be fun to give freezer paper stenciling a try. I have had the roll of freezer paper sitting in my craft room ever since before our move in November.

I saw some t-shirts done with the Sillouette machine on some iron on vinyl a little while ago. I however don't have one and figured I could do the same with a stencil. So, I sketched up my own pictures on some paper and then traced it onto the freezer paper. (I did use the one t-shirt I saw as a reference. I can't remember what blog it was on so if it was yours let me know and I will give you credit)

Next I took my exact-o knife and cut the shapes out. I then ironed the stencils (with the waxy side down) onto the shirts and let the kids help me paint the stencils. I will say that I guided their little hands for the entire process but they still had fun.

I should have started this project a day or two earlier since the paint had to dry for 24 hours before it was ready to be heat set. But they got to wear them to bed Valentine's Day night anyway.
 
 Kiera was so funny while taking her pictures 
she kept posing in different positions. Such a little Diva.






No comments: