Monday, March 9, 2009

Productive Weekend

This weekend turned out to be very productive. Dan's parents came up for a short visit and brought with them 40 lbs of chicken so we could add to our food storage. We got a pretty good deal on it. So this weekend his parents helped me to can some of that chicken. I got 20 pints done. I am very happy to have this done. Getting prepared does give you a sense of security. I took a picture of one of the shelves in our pantry because it was just too colorful not too! From left to right we have raspberry syrups and jams (they are sort of hidden but they are ther under the boxes of pasta), canned tomatos, tomato sauce, green beans, peaches, pears, and last but not least chicken. It feels so good to open the pantry up and see all the pretty colors. Thanks Bob and Shellie for your help with the chicken and for sharing some of you green beans with us!


While Dan's parents were here the DVD shelf finally recieved its doors. While Dan and his dad were attaching the doors they had to countersink some extra screws in the side to put the shelf together a little more and fill in the gaps. I will say I was a bit disappointed and was frustrated that I couldn't check this project off my list. I now have to go back and touch up the putty holes on the sides. Grrrrr. I hope it looks ok when I am done. We will have permanent circular spots on the side now. Hopefully Dan will let me put a piece of skinny trim on to cover them up if it doesn't work out. But other than that I am very happy with how it turned out. Oh yes and nobody enjoys the little white ornament hanging on the front more than I do. No more picking up the movies over and over!

2 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

I love looking at full pantry shelves!

Glenn Family said...

Wow, you have been busy. Way to go! From babysitting to canning, to working out, to sewing. You deserve a break! Maybe a getaway to Canada or something? :)