Thursday, March 5, 2009

stretched to the max

Have you ever had one of those days where you just couldn't take it anymore? It felt like if it would have lasted one more second you were going to burst? Well for me today was one of those days. I don't usually complain and I know I whine too much but today is a day that I am calling the waaambulance. I am definitely learning patience these next few weeks. Taking on three toddlers is a huge thing for me. Some people make it look so easy! One of the mothers of whose child I watch included! Thankfully I ended up being short one since Ethan was feeling under the weather.
I am learning patience and flexibility. These next few weeks are going to make me stretch a little. I am taking on new tasks and will try to see what I am to learn from them. Hopefully I get it right.

Some of you are probably thinking, "why is she writing this?" Well, its as simple as this...I want my children to know that I am human too and I am not perfect. I am here to learn too. I think too often adults try to cover up their flaws and expect the children to live up to the half truths. It is hard to admit you need to work on certain character traits, and I think it is good for the children to see an adult admit those things and try to change them instead of thinking they are perfect all the time. I am not perfect and I do need to work on my flexibility and patience. I am used to order, or at least that is what I strive for and that is just not possible with 3 toddlers. How do some of you do it?!

I am so thankful for my husband, in that he can usually tell when I am getting to the breaking point and will take over. When he got home I was able to escape to the gym to work my exhaustion and stress off from my long day. Thanks love, I really needed that.

whew... Enough whining now.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like tomorrow's shopping trip just can't come soon enough, huh?

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

I completely understand!!!! Everyday when Josh gets home he knows that if I haven't had the opportunity to exercise then he needs to give me time to relieve the stress by exercising and then I will be ready to face the world again.

Jenny-Jenny said...

Oh yeah. Been there a few too many times. You're doing great and you WILL survive! Hang on, take a breather, eat a cookie and call a friend.