Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fireworks

The evening of the 4th we celebrated with the traditional family BBQ and night time fireworks. The kids were so anxious to watch them, but I think Dan was even more anxious to set them off. Both Kiera and Ethan had no problems with the noises and Ethan just sat and watched in awe!
This was our first time celebrating the 4th here in Marysville and we were amazed at how many fireworks there were! Mortars are not illegal here and so everyone was setting off firework that I'm only used to seeing done for special shows! It literally sounded like we were at war! It was very impressive! I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July! And mom Happy Birthday!



3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad to see that the girls covered their ears during all the explosions :)

Glenn Family said...

Cute pictures - we wish we could have been there. We didn't even do any fireworks. Your kids look older and older w/ each picture. Ryan

Jenny-Jenny said...

I never leave town on the 4th. Marysville on Independence Day is AWESOME! Way better than any professional show I've ever seen. We were surrounded on every side by amazing fireworks! Glad you liked it.