Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Keeping busy Being crafty

I've been keeping pretty busy lately with a bunch of different projects. But I think the biggest project was cleaning out my craft room and moving Ethan in with Kiera. Now when it is nap time I actually have access to my craft room and can do all the projects I've been wanting to do. I've made birthday cards, father's day cards, baby shower gifts and more. Here are a few of the other projects that I have been working on.


I made a dress for Kiera from a pattern I've had for awhile now. I found the fabric at Joannes on clearance for $1.00/yard. I was so excited and decided to make her dress a little festive for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. I love how it turned out! And she is pretty happy about it too. Can you tell?

I bought some tempera paints last year at Christmas time to decorate our windows and decided rather than wait for December, I'd paint something red, white, and blue for July. It turned out pretty cute but the critic that I am, I think it could be better. I'll have to practice some more with the other holidays. But look for our little navy bear if you are ever driving by.


Dan came home the other night and said, "I volunteered you for an art project."
"Oh really?" I thought. It turned out to be something not so bad though. The boys scouts who Dan is over wanted me to outline their patrol mascots onto the flags they will be taking to scout camp this month. One patrol is the Gators and the other the Scorpions. I took some pictures of my outlines, but they are a little hard to see so I put the picture of what it is next to them. I am anxious to see how the boys finish them. I hope the fabric markers I got for them work out ok.



My little Kiera will be turning 3 in August! I can't believe it! To get ready for her birthday I am starting to get her presents together since we will be busy the next month helping Dan's parents with the garden and with our camping trip at the coast.
I picked up a blank apron at joannes at the same time as the dress fabric and some extra fabric markers. Kiera loves helping me in the kitchen and has been wearing one of my giant aprons. I thought it would be nice to give her one of her own that is in her size. I like how it turned out.
I really love having my craft room back to myself. I feel so much more fulfilled when I am creating something. I just hope the kids get used to sleeping in the same room soon.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yay for getting back into crafting! I would DIE having one of the kids living in my craft room! I have to sew, it's like a disease! I love the dress, especially the ribbon. Way fun. And I like the apron too. I've been wanting to make one for Brighton now that she's become interested in helping me in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish that I had a craft room...instead I have my dining room. And even then it is really hard to feel crafty. Your projects are so cute. I wish that i could use a sewing machine. Those things just scare me.

Unknown said...

Good Job! I heard the flags came out pretty good - also heard you'll have to do a little "fixing" on one of the boys work! LOL

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

yeah i did have to fix them! But I think they'll be ok. I'll post pics of them soon.

Mom said...

Everything is DARLING! You have an amazing talent--so glad you're using it once again. Wish you were here to celebrate my birthday with me. I can't think of anything I'd love more!

Mom