Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Neighborhood fire

A sad and scary thing happened on the fourth of July too. A house in our neighborhood caught on fire. Luckily no one was inside and they were able to recover photo albums and the family pets. They believe it was started by fireworks, and I wouldn't be surprised considering it was the 4th.
The fire department had a very difficult time putting the flames out and the fire spread sooo fast! The cedar shingles didn't help out much either. It was sad to watch someone else's home burn like that. I am so grateful for the blessings that I have.

These are a few pictures I took after the fire was out and cleaned up later that afternoon. The second story is completely destroyed and the family is not permitted to enter the home at all.

No comments: