Sunday, July 6, 2014

February Ethan turns 6!

February 15th is Ethan's birthday! And this year my lil guy turned 6! He is total boy and he loves his superheros and Legos these days. For his cake this year he requested a Ninjago cake (it is a new TV series about some Lego ninjas). At first I had no idea how I was going to pull it off but then Dan surprised me with my Mother's Day present early which was a pasta roller/cutter attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer. I used it to roll the fondant out nice and thin and it draped very well!
I was very pleased with how it turned out and so was Ethan.

For Ethan's party I also make Lego ninja suckers to give to cousins and other guests. I made them by covering Tootsie Roll pops with colored crate paper and printed out some Ninjago Lego faces onto sticker paper. They were easy yet fun.

For a special birthday gift I decided I wanted to personalize a camp chair for Ethan. He had officially outgrown his "tot spot" camp chair and it was time for a full sized one to have when we go camping and such. And since Ethan is sooo into superheros these days I decided to paint a Spiderman face on the back of the chair.

I didn't know exactly how I was going to do it but like most of my projects I just winged it and it worked! I made a stencil using vinyl and painted red and white in the negative spaces on my stencil and then after it dried I went back and painted the black outline to make it pop better off the dark blue background of the chair.
 It didn't turn out as crisp as I had pictured but in the end I liked that it looked hand done.


Ethan was pretty pleased, and I, in no way planned his outfit to match. But the fact he chose to wear spiderman that day was perfect!
 


Grandma and Grandpa Glenn were able to come up for the festivities as well since Steve's daughter Florence has a February birthday as well. It was fun to have them come up too.
 
Happy Birthday big boy! We love you!

No comments: